“We are proud to have achieved green flag status, and Catherine really helped us get there. It was great having support with the reviews and action plans, and also just the enthusiasm she brought to moving Eco-Schools forward.”
Head Teacher, Fleetville Infant School
We can help you make your school an Eco-School.
Our service takes away much of the paperwork associated with Eco-Schools and lets you focus on the bit you do best; delivering inspiring teaching and learning.
With current budget pressures, you need sustainability to save your school money and become part of how you work, rather than an “add on”. Our goal is to help you achieve this, so that you don’t need to cut your commitment to the environment.
We can offer support with:
- Environmental reviews
- Action plans
- Running inspiring INSET days
- Eco-Committee clerking
- Writing effective funding applications to improve energy efficiency and school grounds
“Many thanks for leading the INSET day session today. I think that we covered a lot of ground and have a defined way forward with Eco-Schools. Everyone here seems to be up for the journey!”
Head, Alban City School
Benefits for head teachers: get a little greener can:
- help you decide if Eco-Schools is right for you
- make achieving Eco-Schools easier and faster, with much of the paperwork taken away
- save your time writing environmental reviews & action plans
- make INSET days and staff meetings more inspiring and effective
- help you cut school running costs
- help you with applications for bronze and silver level and help you prepare for green level assessment
Benefits for lead teachers / Eco-Schools coordinators: get a little greener can:
- clerk the Eco-Schools meetings, saving you time writing the minutes and action plans, and reducing the time you spend on Eco-Schools
- help you find useful resources
- bring you useful ideas from other schools
Benefits for Business Managers: get a little greener can:
- help you cut school running costs, as you work to reduce your electricity, gas & water bills
- help you write funding applications, e.g. for improving school grounds or energy efficiency
- use our thermal imaging camera to identify heat loss from school buildings
The cost of support depends on what you need. Get in touch to talk it over; an initial consultation is entirely free. (email@example.com)
As a guide, current 2016 prices are £40 per hour for ad hoc support. To prepare, run and write-up a half day INSET day would be £360. A full annual package could offer your school the following support for £1400:
- clerking 6 x half-termly Eco-Committees
- 3 x termly meetings with the Head/Business Manager/SLT
- preparing and running one INSET day.